Trainer/Caretaker, Grounds Keeper for the Amazing Acro-Cats
and Rock Cats Rescue
GA (Part-time position)
Are you interested in learning how to run an animal rescue and an
animal talent agency?
Acro-cats and Rock Cats Rescue are a group of rescued touring acrobatic
house cats that not only provide an entertaining show, they educate
animal lovers on the benefits of clicker training and adoption/rescue.
The Acro-cats have been
featured on National TV and media such as the Late Show
with Stephen Colbert, Must Love Cats on Animal
Planet, Steve Harvey, in The
New York Times, and The Onion.
have fostered and adopted out over 210 cats and kittens. We
also provide animal actors and talent for TV, Film, and other
Manor is our indoor/outdoor animal care facility and home
located in Griffin, GA for our touring group, some
of our our animal actors, as well as rescues and fosters. We currently
house domesticated felines, groundhogs, chickens, turtles, rats,
and a serval. The
number of animals and species fluctuates with new intakes and
We are seeking a positive
and hardworking individual to come twice a week to assist our
full time person with the care of our animals, run the office/online
store, and maintain the grounds.
This is a great to work
in a beautiful home in the country while maintaining the requirement
of providing our animals with the security of having an attendant
The ideal candidate
is a motivated and committed animal lover who finds value, fulfillment,
and a future in our vision.
want to be a part of a positive, fast growing company apply now.
The Acro-cats are looking for a long-term committed team member,
because this part-time position offers guaranteed advancement
for full time for the right candidate. We
offer competitive salary and amazing perks for this position.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Prepare and distribute meals and medications for all animals
- Clean, sanitize, and stock all animal areas
- Bathing and grooming animals as needed
- Socializing new arrivals
- Providing enrichment and activities for all animals.
- Operating the online store, including (but not limited to) ordering
store inventory and shipping out orders.
- Answering phones, emails, and keeping the office organized and
up to date.
- Keeping all office and animal records and documents current
and enlisting talent for our animal actors’ business.
- Animal wrangler for production shoots with animal actors.
- Communicating between the office and the other departments of
the organization/businesses such as tour crew and other off-site
cleaning and sanitization of all common areas of the house,
such as living room, kitchen.
- Property maintenance including seasonal duties, keeping property
free of trash and litter, and maintenance indoor and outdoor using
- Facilitate Property inspections done yearly with USDA.
- Volunteer coordinator
- 3 references (at least one personal and one professional, the
third can be either)
- Animal care experience (1 year)
service experience (1
administration experience (1 year)
- Clicker training experience (3 mos.)
- 18 years of age or older
- Pass a background check
- Ability to stand, walk, reach, climb, bend, kneel, and reach
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to work holidays and weekends
- Excellent communication skills
- Willingness to grow and develop, be a part of a team/family
- Being proactive with a strong work ethic
- Engagement with staff and animals alike
- Creating a safe, fun and clean environment
- Patience and affectionate with cats
- Following directions well
- Long-term commitment to Acro-cats
- Veterinary technician experience
- House cleaning experience
- Social media experience or willingness to learn
note that this is a very physical job. A candidate should
be in good physical condition to perform these duties.
The weather can vary from hot, cold, windy and rainy,
and all duties are still required to be performed.
Salary and benefits:
Use of the house while working, which includes:
- Full working kitchen with two ovens,
- Living room with fireplace
- Outoor pool/hot tub
- Overnight sleeping accommodations if needed.
Salary: $80 a day (or
more depending on Animal Actor work*)
for salary position require average 8 hours a day. In
the event of a pending emergency, project, transportation of animals
to veterinarian that may require assistance, employee will be
asked to stay and help
- Employee will relieve the full-time grounds keeper, two days
- Schedule might vary according to needs of full time person,
may be negotiated at time of hire.
- *Additional pay contingent on animal actor jobs - $25-$250 daily
additional rate possible.
candidate is flexible with a can-do attitude, follows directions,
has experience working with companion animals and rescues, and
is comfortable around an office setting. We emphasize a team environment
for our staff. Yardwork experience is a plus!
We are very involved in educating humans about the joys of responsible
pet ownership, local rescues and trap-neuter-return organizations,
and force-free positive reinforcement to train our animals. We
hope you want to join us in these fun activities as we like to view
them as an extension of our mission statement.